Thursday, April 26, 2012

April Showers

So it is spring here, the flowers are out and it is raining constantly. But that is okay because I have an umbrella and for the most part I enjoy flowers. Overall it is warm here and it is nice to stick the winter coat into the closet. Okay, first things first: my calling. I am called to be the 1st councilor in the Young Womens. Crazy, really. I don't know how I am going to be able to fulfill this calling but I'll do my best. The first Sunday I just focused on learning everyone's name. Don't ask, I can't remember one of them, and they all look the same because for most schools they require the girls to have the same haircut and their all Asian. I can't tell the difference between any of them and three of them are sisters. Oh well, all I can do is try my best. One crazy but fun thing I started this week was Hopkido. This is the more graceful style of Korean Kung fu. I'm excited, it will be nice to take something away from living in Korea that is traditional. That and now I can say I know martial arts. They cycle through the belt fairly fast here so I could get a black belt in like nine months. This isn't going to happen because I have no coordination and at the moment I am totally out of shape. But I am going three times a week, in the morning. At the moment, I hurt so much. Yesterday we learned how to properly fall down and doing that for about twenty minute definitely left some damage. I'm hobbling again, but at least I am actually working out. I get a uniform and a belt and everything. It is awesome! This weekend, it rained the whole time so all I did was catch up on laundry and drawing. Not bad but not exciting. Truly the most exciting thing I did was burning my popcorn and holding the smoldering bag outside the window to reduce the smoke in the apartment. The second bag I got right so whatever. Anyways, I am going to the Avengers tonight. It is cheaper on weekdays, only 6 bucks. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment